Posts Tagged mother’s day card ideas
Our buyers got together to assemble Mother’s Day gift recommendations that are sure to help you find something special for mom. If you haven’t found that perfect gift — or didn’t realize Mother’s Day is creeping up on us — our experts are here lend a hand.
First off, is our favorite keepsake. The My Mom Journal is a wonderful way to score quality time with mom. Sit down, hear her stories and journal the tales. The memories of that day and her life will last a lifetime.
Give mom something to remember this Mother’s Day. This silhouette project allows you to create a wonderful paper cameo that you can use as a small home decor piece or as a handmade card. It’s a gift she is sure to adore.
• Mother’s Day Silhouette How-to PDF
• Photograph of your subject (profile view)
• Black Text Paper
• Superfine White Text Paper
• Fine paper of your choice
• Scissors OR craft knife and cutting mat
• Super Tacky Tape
• Foam Squares (optional)
• A7 Folded Card
• A7 Box Mailer
1. Take a profile photograph (actual photo or printout of a photo) and trace onto Vellum paper to create the silhouette shape.
2. Cut out the silhouette shape black paper with scissors or craft knife.
3. Trim fine paper to fit your card or box mailer.
4. Cut an oval or circle out of white paper, and mount onto a sheet of fine paper using Super Tacky Tape.
5. Mount silhouette shape onto oval or circle (use foam squares if desired to add dimension).
6. Print or cut out a banner from Superfine White paper and use to add a personal message.
You can create silhouettes using our precision cutting machine, the Silhouette Cameo. This tool is especially helpful if you plan to make multiples of the silhouette. Begin by following the first two steps above, tracing the profile photograph onto Vellum paper, and cutting from Black paper. Then scan the black silhouette cut out and place into the Silhouette program.
Mother’s Day is coming up fast and we have a few favorite gift ideas to make her smile come May 8th!
The Mom’s One Line A Day Journal is a wonderful way for mom to record everyday moments. It is designed for quick entries, since she is always busy! Once complete she’ll have five years of thoughts, quotes and special events to remember and share (and none of the guilt, like that incomplete baby book – Or is that just me?). Read the rest of this entry »
We’re crazy about daisies and we know mom will be too. Make a Mother’s Day card that is sure to bring her smile to full bloom with this easy pop-up card design. It’s perfect for celebrating mom or other springtime occasions.