Posts Tagged How-to
This post is brought to you by Rebecca B., who creates our workshops. Here she tells you how she found the inspiration for our newest workshop, Geometric Decor, happening Thursday, April 24.
Two of my favorite trends at the moment are geometric patterns and gold-dipped accents. I love the fresh, bold punch geometrics can bring to a room and how fun and easy it is to create different patterns. I also like a little bit of gold with everything, so the two seemed like a perfect match. This, in a nutshell, was how the Geometric Decor workshop was born!
Creating this workshop, I was inspired by everything from garlands, to artwork to throw rugs. You can check out some of my inspiration on our workshop Pinterest board.
I was also inspired by some of my favorite Paper Source geometric products!
The Geometric Decor workshop is on Thursday, April 24th, from 6 – 8 p.m. and is going to be a fun night with refreshments and creativity! After taking the class, you’ll walk away with a dimensional prism mobile that looks great hanging on a wall or suspended from the ceiling. You’ll also tap your inner artist to create an 8″ x 10″ piece of art – you get to customize it by picking your palette (Mint or Fuchsia) and pattern (3 choices available). And you will also come away with a geometric embossed stationery set.
Throughout it all you’ll get DIY instructions and templates to help you recreate each item at home, along with tips and inspiration to utilize the techniques in other projects! Find a location near you and join us in the fun!
If you’ve walked by our store windows lately (or checked out our website), you’ve probably noticed that we’re lusting over donuts. Here’s a cute way to take the sweet trend and DIY your own invites.
- Donut Invitation How To
- Donut Invitation Template
- Donut Garland Kit
- Mint 8 1/2″ x 11″ Cover Paper
- A7 Envelope
- For Date Time Place Rubber Stamp
- Pink Color Box Inkpad
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Embossing Heat Gun
- Double Stick Tape
- Cutting Mat
- Construct paper donuts according to kit instructions.
- Download the Donut Invite Template and print onto 8 1/2″ x 11″ Mint Cover.
- Cut out invites using crop marks provided on PDF.
- Layer donut of choice over invite so that the printed text is visible through the hole of the donut. Adhere donut in place and trim off excess as shown on How-To PDF.
- Stamp and emboss invite using rubber stamp.
- Fill in desired info and pair invite with an A7 envelope.
This season’s favorite project in a miniature card format. This paper rosette project is perfect for heartfelt sentiments, like Mother’s Day! Customize rosettes with your own choice of colors and patterns from our collection of handpicked fine papers to make this classic and chic card truly yours!
Cut a piece of text weight paper to 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ and adhere to front of card. Choose desired rosette sizes and cut text weight paper and fine paper into strips
- Embellish centers with adhesive pearls and/or crystals.
- Stamp and emboss banner onto paper and cut out.
- Write desired message onto banner and adhere in place.