Posts Tagged holiday card ideas
Our handmade holiday card inspiration continues with this magnificent creation by Rick V., Midwest Regional Manager for Paper Source. The corporate office was buzzing when this wonderful creation arrived.
Of course we had to find out more, so here is his story…
Having spent the past few years in the Pacific Northwest, the mountains, snow and beauty of the moonlight shining on the snowy trees was the initial inspiration. The snow and surroundings are amazing after a nice snowfall.
The card went through several rounds. At first it was going to be a pop up card, but I could not perfect it in time (will probably be included in my card next year). Then, the idea of cross sections of wood spurred this iteration, as did our Faux Bois stationery and rubber stamp. The layers of trees and forest animals completed the idea with additions added throughout the process. Read the rest of this entry »
Make the holiday season merry and bright with this Silvery Tree Holiday Card. Use the Fuchsia base recommended in our How-To or modify with your favorite colors of the season.
• Silvery Tree Holiday Card How-To PDF
• Fuchsia A2 Folded Card
• Cover Weight Paper in Fushsia, Pure White & Shimmer Silver
• Foil Tree Rubber Stamp
• VersaMark Watermark Inkpad
• Silver Embossing Powder
• Sticky Tape Runner
• Embossing Heat Tool
• Guillotine Paper Trimmer or Cutting Mat, Ruler and Soft Grip Knife
1. Cut papers into the corresponding sizes indicated in the How-To PDF
2. Using the VersaMark Watermark inkpad, stamp tree onto Fuchsia layer, sprinkle with embossing powder and tap off excess, then emboss with your heat tool.
3. Layer and adhere pieces together and onto card using the tape runner.
Execute a perfect heat embossed treatment with the help of our rubber stamping expert Linda. This video walks you through tips and tricks for working with your heat tool.