Posts Tagged gift ideas
The holiday season is in full swing and we might not be Santa Claus, but we’re pretty sure we’ve got the perfect gift for everyone on your list! Enjoy our top holiday gift picks below, brought to you by our Gift Buyer, Katie Mulligan.
- Kate Spade Pencil Case: This delightfully chic collection of items make great gifts for anyone who has an affinity for Kate Spade or who appreciates beautiful and bold graphics. I love the idea of using this as a chic clutch! $29.95
- Chevron Tote Bag: This durable yet chic tote bag is the perfect carry-all bag for any occasion! A stylish gift for women of all ages. $26.95
- iPhone Covers: From bold and bright to soft and sweet, to fun and quirky–we have iPhone covers (for iPhone 4 and 5) sure to match any personality! $29.95 and up
- Buff & Shine Shoe Polish Kit: This shoe shine kit is the perfect gift for working Don Drapers men everywhere. Contains two tins of polish in neutral and black, two brushes each with ‘Looking Buff’ and ‘Rise & Shine’ inscribed, plus cleaning cloth. $25.95
- Beardo Hat: For the quirky guys in your life! A hilarious way to keep warm this winter! $29.99
- Fish Flask: Drink like fish…from a fish! A great gift for some who loves to fish or simply appreciates a funny flask. $27.95
- Guide to American Whiskey, Bourbon & Rye: This book is a perfect suggestion for someone interested in how to assess and pair whiskey with delicious foods. Each Whiskey suggestion comes with a large, glossy photo of the bottle and color of the whiskey— making it easy to find at your local store for an at-home tasting! $24.95
- Flip Flop Bracelets: These trendy bracelets come in a spectrum of colors, making it easy for your teen to accessorize any outfit. They also are environmentally conscious – handmade from recycled flip flops in Mali, West Africa! 10 for $9.50
- Secret Message Writing Set: Let your kiddos practice their espionage skills with this Secret Message Writing Set. Whatever they write with the special pens remains invisible until it’s viewed with the UV “blacklight” in the pen cap. $7.95
- Light Up Football: This cool 8 inch long foam football has LED glowing light-up strips along the side, making it bright and colorful for night time play! Lights can be turned off and on. Lasts over 24 continuous hours. $19.95
- Fun Loom Kit: The ultimate gift for girls of all ages! This Fun Loom kit allows them to create awesome silicone band bracelets and more and comes with one loom, one hook and 300 loops. $14.95
For the Cook:
- iSpoon Stylus: Whether you’re snacking while browsing your next Pinterest recipe or referencing your iPad while you cook, this spoon stylus keeps your gadget mess-free in the kitchen! $8.95
- Obsessive Chef Cutting Board: Cooking is as much a science as it is an art, and science requires precision. I always watch in awe at my favorite sushi restaurant at the great care the chefs take in cutting their tuna into millimeters thick slices. This cutting board is sure help guide your knife with exacting measurements, precise angles, and handy definitions. Learn just how small a julienne is, and get it right next time! $26.95
- Rifle Recipe Box: Each box Includes 12 letter-pressed dividers & 24 recipe cards. For a special touch, handwrite a few of your favorite recipes for the recipient. I particularly love this as a gift for winter brides! Help the happy couple start off their new adventure with a beautiful recipe box and some treasured recipes to pass from one family to another. $34.95
For the Host/Hostess:
- Host Wine Aerator: No need to let wine breath for hours! This one-of-a-kind aerator contains a flow meter for dependable aeration levels every time. Covers up to 6 hours of decanting instantly and strains out unwanted sediment. Bring with a bottle of wine for the perfect gift! $39.95
- Corkcicle Wine Chiller: Keeping wine at just the right temperature is tough for any hostess. Keep wine the perfect temperature with the Corkcicle which won’t dilute! $26.95
If there’s one thing we love, it’s throwing a party… and one of our favorite aspects of hosting an event are the favors. Not only are favors a wonderful treat for your guests, but they also offer a blank canvas for creating wonderful little packages.
Here are a few of our DIY favor ideas…
Small Cello Bags are a fabulous option when its contents are something colorful: gumdrops, jellybeans or confetti, perhaps? They take an easy, modern turn when sealed and decorated with a bit of washi tape.
Want to strike a vintage vibe? Our Burlap Drawstring Bags and Muslin Bags are an elegant (and reusable!) option on their own but their real charm comes through when decorated with ribbons, gift tags and even ink embellishment!
For directions on how to make these or to find other DIY favor bag ideas, visit: www.paper-source.com/favor-bag-ideas
Mother’s Day, the thoughtful time of year that celebrates the loving, creative woman behind all those favorite dishes, birthday wishes and kissed boo boos. If you’re looking for a way to recognize this influential woman, our Mother’s Day Gift Guide features a collection of our most inspired gifts for Mom.
Here are just a few of our favorite gift ideas…
Set inside an everlasting Peony Wreath we see one of the many Paper Source exclusive Mother’s Day cards. Adorn any door with a wreath of flowers, or set a pillow on her favorite chair. This charming grain sack pillow is a rustic accent for any couch, bed or boudoir!
For walls, coffee tables or bedsides, gift one of the many decorative signs available to convey that perfect message, to any Mom in your life.
Sunday, May, 12th is a day to celebrate. Visit our website for a full list of Inspired Gift Ideas for Mom.
Head back to school (or the office) in style. Use pretty paper to mark your place and accentuate your love for all things paper. Follow the steps below to create a customizable bookmark like the one shown on the left.
Follow these step-by-step directions to create a DIY paper wallet or custom cardholder.
1.) Begin by selecting any of our fine papers. We recommend a fibrous paper, like this Houndstooth Indian Fine Paper, so the paper won’t tear as you make creases and folds. Cut paper to 12″ by 12″ using scissors. Read the rest of this entry »
Looking for the perfect Mother’s Day gift? Our unique collection of custom stamps are so lovely and so practical. Choose from more than 50 exclusive designs and customize with your mom’s name or home address for a gift that is truly unique.
And, guess what?
Today through April 22nd many of our best-selling custom stamps are 25% off!
Grab a gift for mom, the happy couple getting married this summer, and perhaps, one for yourself too! It’s a gift that will keep on giving — 800 to 1,000 stamp impressions to be exact.
Shop our full line of custom stamps including new designs for return address, wedding and holiday!
Can you believe that Easter is right around the corner? It is so early this year! So, if any of our readers are scrambling to complete plans for their gathering, I thought I’d take the pain out of filling those Easter baskets by recommending a few of my favorite gifts for Easter.
Celebrate with a fun and festive Easter basket. This year we introduced a few into our assortment. The Paper Birdhouse Box is an adorable basket option — perfect for holding candy and other small treats. Hang inside or outside for something fun to find! Our egg-shaped baskets are a lovely spin on the more traditional basket. We offer paper grass for filling!
Now, for the good stuff! We have added more than 100 gifts since the holiday season, including gifts for kids that are the perfect size for baskets. We have pulled together a few recommendations to make things easy — ask your store associate for assistance or shop our favorite Easter gifts online. Personally, Easter isn’t compete without the all-favorite Easter Bunny making an appearance. Surprise someone you love with this Bashful Bunny (or his miniature bunny friend) for a wonderful addition to your Easter festivities.
Are you always on the look out for personalized projects that are great for anyone on your list, including those hard to shop for folks?! Well, our new 2012 DIY Calendar is perfect! With 12 months to work with and a manageable size, all you need is inspiration… and a little time to create!
And, speaking of time, we totally have that covered! On Thursday, September 8 join us for our Crafter’s Night Out event. From from 6-8pm you can use our supplies, including stamps, ink pads, punches, paper cutters, decorative papers, glitters, and more, to create your own calendar. Learn tips and techniques from our craft experts and leave with a completely finished calendar – ready for giving or for treating yourself!
For details or to reserve your seat, check out the Paper Source Workshops page. Remember: You can save $5 off the seat price when you register with a friend.
Video courtesy of TheSmashFan
Many of us here at Paper Source cut our crafty teeth on the trusty ol’ scrapbook project – It was the original way to Do Something Creative Every Day! You could doodle, or write, or arrange collected treasures to tell any story. There were no rules, and artistry was not a requirement. You could spend hours arranging everyday items on a single page.
Ah… the nostalgia.
Now, our favorite pastime has been resurrected with the new line of SMASH journals and accessories. Everything from the SMASH folio to hip SMASH tape embellishments, is now available at our store locations and online!
See just how SMASHing this line is by watching the video. Or simply share photos of your SMASH journaling on our Facebook page, and bring back the days of sharing scrapbooks with your friends.