Here are some of our favorites for the holidays…
If you’re not sure where to start, we’re featuring our holiday gift wrap in collections this year — making inspiration easy to come by! Our design team grouped many necessities together to make coordinating your packages a painless task.
If you want a sleeker look, check out the ever-popular Sophisticated Classics. The deep colors and classic icons create an elegant story. One of the best things about our wrapping paper is pairing traditional (like our Slate Pine Branch design) with modern (like our Slate Chevron or Red Glitter styles) for a fun yet cohesive look that carries across all your packages.
We also have a large assortment of single sheet styles that offer even more ways to personalize and style a package this holiday.
Add a flourish to your gift with decorative ribbon, gift tags, stamps and stickers. Or, pick from our collection of gifts and ornaments to accents your gift. We like the idea of adding one of our whimisical ornaments as a finishing touch. Here are just a few of our suggested pairings.
How will you wrap this year? Share your expert tips or tell us what style will take the stage this holiday.
The holiday season is in full swing and we might not be Santa Claus, but we’re pretty sure we’ve got the perfect gift for everyone on your list! Enjoy our top holiday gift picks below, brought to you by our Gift Buyer, Katie Mulligan.
- Kate Spade Pencil Case: This delightfully chic collection of items make great gifts for anyone who has an affinity for Kate Spade or who appreciates beautiful and bold graphics. I love the idea of using this as a chic clutch! $29.95
- Chevron Tote Bag: This durable yet chic tote bag is the perfect carry-all bag for any occasion! A stylish gift for women of all ages. $26.95
- iPhone Covers: From bold and bright to soft and sweet, to fun and quirky–we have iPhone covers (for iPhone 4 and 5) sure to match any personality! $29.95 and up
- Buff & Shine Shoe Polish Kit: This shoe shine kit is the perfect gift for working Don Drapers men everywhere. Contains two tins of polish in neutral and black, two brushes each with ‘Looking Buff’ and ‘Rise & Shine’ inscribed, plus cleaning cloth. $25.95
- Beardo Hat: For the quirky guys in your life! A hilarious way to keep warm this winter! $29.99
- Fish Flask: Drink like fish…from a fish! A great gift for some who loves to fish or simply appreciates a funny flask. $27.95
- Guide to American Whiskey, Bourbon & Rye: This book is a perfect suggestion for someone interested in how to assess and pair whiskey with delicious foods. Each Whiskey suggestion comes with a large, glossy photo of the bottle and color of the whiskey— making it easy to find at your local store for an at-home tasting! $24.95
- Flip Flop Bracelets: These trendy bracelets come in a spectrum of colors, making it easy for your teen to accessorize any outfit. They also are environmentally conscious – handmade from recycled flip flops in Mali, West Africa! 10 for $9.50
- Secret Message Writing Set: Let your kiddos practice their espionage skills with this Secret Message Writing Set. Whatever they write with the special pens remains invisible until it’s viewed with the UV “blacklight” in the pen cap. $7.95
- Light Up Football: This cool 8 inch long foam football has LED glowing light-up strips along the side, making it bright and colorful for night time play! Lights can be turned off and on. Lasts over 24 continuous hours. $19.95
- Fun Loom Kit: The ultimate gift for girls of all ages! This Fun Loom kit allows them to create awesome silicone band bracelets and more and comes with one loom, one hook and 300 loops. $14.95
For the Cook:
- iSpoon Stylus: Whether you’re snacking while browsing your next Pinterest recipe or referencing your iPad while you cook, this spoon stylus keeps your gadget mess-free in the kitchen! $8.95
- Obsessive Chef Cutting Board: Cooking is as much a science as it is an art, and science requires precision. I always watch in awe at my favorite sushi restaurant at the great care the chefs take in cutting their tuna into millimeters thick slices. This cutting board is sure help guide your knife with exacting measurements, precise angles, and handy definitions. Learn just how small a julienne is, and get it right next time! $26.95
- Rifle Recipe Box: Each box Includes 12 letter-pressed dividers & 24 recipe cards. For a special touch, handwrite a few of your favorite recipes for the recipient. I particularly love this as a gift for winter brides! Help the happy couple start off their new adventure with a beautiful recipe box and some treasured recipes to pass from one family to another. $34.95
For the Host/Hostess:
- Host Wine Aerator: No need to let wine breath for hours! This one-of-a-kind aerator contains a flow meter for dependable aeration levels every time. Covers up to 6 hours of decanting instantly and strains out unwanted sediment. Bring with a bottle of wine for the perfect gift! $39.95
- Corkcicle Wine Chiller: Keeping wine at just the right temperature is tough for any hostess. Keep wine the perfect temperature with the Corkcicle which won’t dilute! $26.95
There are a lot of ways to celebrate the holidays this season, but one of our favorite ways is to create a custom experience for you and your loved ones!
In addition to our gift wrap (we have everything from cute critters to bold solids, to Christmas classics), you can spice up your packaging with these customizable tags–sure to make your gift special before it’s even opened!
Having a holiday soiree? Whether you’re serving eggnog with all the traditional fixings, or planning a more contemporary fete, these napkins and coasters can be customized to fit your party’s personality. (We also like the idea of letting guests take home the coasters to re-use and remember the fun!)
What’s a party without some goodies to take home? Send your party go-ers home with treats nestled in these cutomizable bags! It’s the details that make the difference, and we love that these are pretty enough to display throughout your event!
We offer holiday accents that will help you celebrate the season with festive finishes and personal touches. See these and other personalized gifts and our assortment holiday decor online or at your local store.
Can you hear it?? It’s the sound of the holidays slowly but surely making their way towards the present. And, this year, our designers have come up with so many lovely ways to personalize your holiday that you’ll never get caught in that dreaded “I like the picture but the sentiment, not so much” trap again!
From baby pictures to family portraits to that hilarious photo you snapped of Fluffy mid-freakout, you can make sure your friends receive both a beautiful and personal card this upcoming season.
Extra treat for you: For a limited time your Holiday Photo Cards and Custom Holiday Invitations are 30% (envelopes included!)
But we haven’t stopped at cards — envelopes are a card’s first impression! Personalized Holiday Labels are both easy and polished-looking and come in an array of coordinating patterns (we love the terrarium and glitter chevron!)
The perfect thing for the letter enthusiast would be our Return Address Embossers. Both elegant and understated, they add an impressive, three-dimensional aspect to your correspondence that will make your friends run their fingers along the raised letters and just say, “wow”.
But whether embossed, stamped or labeled; personalized or not, what’s most important is that it came from you.
Check out all of our holiday greeting ideas online: http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/holiday-cards/index.html
Here’s a cute and easy way to remind you and yours of the “reason for the season” this Thanksgiving! It looks great on it’s own, or across individual dinner plates or displayed across one of our burlap wreaths.
Last month we kicked off our Holiday Crafting Contest (which goes through December 31), and we can’t wait to see what you do!
This year we’re giving out first, second and third place prizes in THREE categories! Wow us with your creative use of Paper Source products in Food Gifting, Gift Wrapping or Card Making (you can enter each category once!). First place in each category gets a $100 Paper Source gift card, and second and third place each get a $50 Paper Source gift card.
Go ahead, dazzle us! Find official rules or enter the Holiday Crafting Contest today!
This time of year, especially, we are completely smitten with the colorful Day of the Dead imagery, particularly sugar skulls! Day of the Dead is celebrated in many cultures throughout the world, but it is best known as a Mexican holiday celebrated on November 1st and 2nd. The holiday is a time to pray for, remember and honor the deceased.
Typically, private altars to the deceased are constructed at home and decorated with photos, candles, sugar skulls (a type of candy), marigolds, small trinkets and favorite foods and drinks of the deceased. It is believed that the spirits of the deceased eat the “essence” of the food, and that a living person who eats the food after the spirit has gotten to it will be safe, but will have gotten no nutritive value from it.
Some families will take favorite possessions of the deceased to the grave site and have a picnic, others dance and wear shells so that the noise they make will coax the spirits to revel with them. In cities, children dress up in costume and beg neighbors and passers-by for calaventa, a small gift of candy or money, much like children in the U.S. trick-or-treat on Halloween (we’ve got an excellent costume idea!).
Skulls are the most popular symbol of the holiday and everything from bread to masks to chocolate and sugar candy (thus, “sugar skulls”) are made to look like one, with the name of the recipient (dead or alive) written across the forehead.
Another note: Day of the Dead imagery is not just for the holiday itself; it’s considered very good luck to have a Day of the Dead tattoo or doll on your person at all times. With that in mind, it makes perfect sense to celebrate Day of the Dead throughout the holidays… or all year long with our Sugar Skulls Calendar!
Add a little something special to your front door with a festive fall wreath! We love our new Burlap Wreath Kit for a touch of rustic chic. The crisp, geometric leaf shape in a combination of burlap, glitter paper and metallic paper creates amazing volume and texture — perfect for your front door or favorite accent wall.
Celebrate the beauty of autumn foliage with this gorgeous (and easy to make) Fall Leaf Wreath Kit. We use warm reds, oranges and golds to mimic Mother Nature’s blazing fall colors, but our paper leaves can be used year after year!
The Mums Wreath Kit brings a softer, elegant touch with voluminous rhubarb, papaya and copper flowers and delicate leaves. This is a great year-round wreath, but is beautifully suited to celebrate the changing seasons as well.
As usual, we’ve found inspiration for all kinds of variations and DIY projects around the web. These are four of our favorites. You can see more on our Pinterest page.
You can check all of these out on our Pinterest page!
Nothing is as sweet as our Sugar Skulls! Patterned after traditional Mexican Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) decorations, our Sugar Skulls can be found on Paper Source glassware, as masks, in our kits, and more! Today, we bring to you an easy, colorful Sugar Skull Tissue Pom Pom Garland project that will set your Halloween decor apart from all the rest!
- Sugar Skull How-To PDF
- Sugar Skull Mask Kit (optional)
- Tissue Paper in various colors (we used Chartreuse, Fuschia and Poppy)
- Black and White Baker’s Twine
- Fold a sheet of tissue into fourths length-wise and then into fourths width-wise.
- Cut squares of tissue measuring approximately 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″.
- Create stacks of 10-12 squares of tissue.
- Gently fold the square in half making a small crease to locate the center of the square.
- Unfold and staple stack at center point using crease as a guide.
- Turn stack over and staple again, perpendicular to the first staple.
- Using scissors, cut off each of the four corners of stapled stack. Repeat steps to create desired number of pom poms.
- Thread needle with desired length of Baker’s Twine.
- Pierce needle through all layers of one tissue stack near the staple in the center of the bundle.
- To keep tissue pom pom from sliding on thread, bring the needle back through the center, over staple, securing pom pom in place.
- Continue threading tissue squares onto twine in the same manner.
- Gently crumple each stack of tissue to create texture and then separate each layer of tissue carefully, working from the outside towards the center.
- Fluff pom poms to schieve desired fullness.
We added Sugar Skull Masks to the garland for Day of the Dead, but this easy garland can add color to any day!