The holiday season is in full swing and we might not be Santa Claus, but we’re pretty sure we’ve got the perfect gift for everyone on your list! Enjoy our top holiday gift picks below, brought to you by our Gift Buyer, Katie Mulligan.
- Kate Spade Pencil Case: This delightfully chic collection of items make great gifts for anyone who has an affinity for Kate Spade or who appreciates beautiful and bold graphics. I love the idea of using this as a chic clutch! $29.95
- Chevron Tote Bag: This durable yet chic tote bag is the perfect carry-all bag for any occasion! A stylish gift for women of all ages. $26.95
- iPhone Covers: From bold and bright to soft and sweet, to fun and quirky–we have iPhone covers (for iPhone 4 and 5) sure to match any personality! $29.95 and up
- Buff & Shine Shoe Polish Kit: This shoe shine kit is the perfect gift for working Don Drapers men everywhere. Contains two tins of polish in neutral and black, two brushes each with ‘Looking Buff’ and ‘Rise & Shine’ inscribed, plus cleaning cloth. $25.95
- Beardo Hat: For the quirky guys in your life! A hilarious way to keep warm this winter! $29.99
- Fish Flask: Drink like fish…from a fish! A great gift for some who loves to fish or simply appreciates a funny flask. $27.95
- Guide to American Whiskey, Bourbon & Rye: This book is a perfect suggestion for someone interested in how to assess and pair whiskey with delicious foods. Each Whiskey suggestion comes with a large, glossy photo of the bottle and color of the whiskey— making it easy to find at your local store for an at-home tasting! $24.95
- Flip Flop Bracelets: These trendy bracelets come in a spectrum of colors, making it easy for your teen to accessorize any outfit. They also are environmentally conscious – handmade from recycled flip flops in Mali, West Africa! 10 for $9.50
- Secret Message Writing Set: Let your kiddos practice their espionage skills with this Secret Message Writing Set. Whatever they write with the special pens remains invisible until it’s viewed with the UV “blacklight” in the pen cap. $7.95
- Light Up Football: This cool 8 inch long foam football has LED glowing light-up strips along the side, making it bright and colorful for night time play! Lights can be turned off and on. Lasts over 24 continuous hours. $19.95
- Fun Loom Kit: The ultimate gift for girls of all ages! This Fun Loom kit allows them to create awesome silicone band bracelets and more and comes with one loom, one hook and 300 loops. $14.95
For the Cook:
- iSpoon Stylus: Whether you’re snacking while browsing your next Pinterest recipe or referencing your iPad while you cook, this spoon stylus keeps your gadget mess-free in the kitchen! $8.95
- Obsessive Chef Cutting Board: Cooking is as much a science as it is an art, and science requires precision. I always watch in awe at my favorite sushi restaurant at the great care the chefs take in cutting their tuna into millimeters thick slices. This cutting board is sure help guide your knife with exacting measurements, precise angles, and handy definitions. Learn just how small a julienne is, and get it right next time! $26.95
- Rifle Recipe Box: Each box Includes 12 letter-pressed dividers & 24 recipe cards. For a special touch, handwrite a few of your favorite recipes for the recipient. I particularly love this as a gift for winter brides! Help the happy couple start off their new adventure with a beautiful recipe box and some treasured recipes to pass from one family to another. $34.95
For the Host/Hostess:
- Host Wine Aerator: No need to let wine breath for hours! This one-of-a-kind aerator contains a flow meter for dependable aeration levels every time. Covers up to 6 hours of decanting instantly and strains out unwanted sediment. Bring with a bottle of wine for the perfect gift! $39.95
- Corkcicle Wine Chiller: Keeping wine at just the right temperature is tough for any hostess. Keep wine the perfect temperature with the Corkcicle which won’t dilute! $26.95
There are a lot of ways to celebrate the holidays this season, but one of our favorite ways is to create a custom experience for you and your loved ones!
In addition to our gift wrap (we have everything from cute critters to bold solids, to Christmas classics), you can spice up your packaging with these customizable tags–sure to make your gift special before it’s even opened!
Having a holiday soiree? Whether you’re serving eggnog with all the traditional fixings, or planning a more contemporary fete, these napkins and coasters can be customized to fit your party’s personality. (We also like the idea of letting guests take home the coasters to re-use and remember the fun!)
What’s a party without some goodies to take home? Send your party go-ers home with treats nestled in these cutomizable bags! It’s the details that make the difference, and we love that these are pretty enough to display throughout your event!
We offer holiday accents that will help you celebrate the season with festive finishes and personal touches. See these and other personalized gifts and our assortment holiday decor online or at your local store.
Can you hear it?? It’s the sound of the holidays slowly but surely making their way towards the present. And, this year, our designers have come up with so many lovely ways to personalize your holiday that you’ll never get caught in that dreaded “I like the picture but the sentiment, not so much” trap again!
From baby pictures to family portraits to that hilarious photo you snapped of Fluffy mid-freakout, you can make sure your friends receive both a beautiful and personal card this upcoming season.
Extra treat for you: For a limited time your Holiday Photo Cards and Custom Holiday Invitations are 30% (envelopes included!)
But we haven’t stopped at cards — envelopes are a card’s first impression! Personalized Holiday Labels are both easy and polished-looking and come in an array of coordinating patterns (we love the terrarium and glitter chevron!)
The perfect thing for the letter enthusiast would be our Return Address Embossers. Both elegant and understated, they add an impressive, three-dimensional aspect to your correspondence that will make your friends run their fingers along the raised letters and just say, “wow”.
But whether embossed, stamped or labeled; personalized or not, what’s most important is that it came from you.
Check out all of our holiday greeting ideas online: http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/holiday-cards/index.html
Last month we kicked off our Holiday Crafting Contest (which goes through December 31), and we can’t wait to see what you do!
This year we’re giving out first, second and third place prizes in THREE categories! Wow us with your creative use of Paper Source products in Food Gifting, Gift Wrapping or Card Making (you can enter each category once!). First place in each category gets a $100 Paper Source gift card, and second and third place each get a $50 Paper Source gift card.
Go ahead, dazzle us! Find official rules or enter the Holiday Crafting Contest today!
This time of year, especially, we are completely smitten with the colorful Day of the Dead imagery, particularly sugar skulls! Day of the Dead is celebrated in many cultures throughout the world, but it is best known as a Mexican holiday celebrated on November 1st and 2nd. The holiday is a time to pray for, remember and honor the deceased.
Typically, private altars to the deceased are constructed at home and decorated with photos, candles, sugar skulls (a type of candy), marigolds, small trinkets and favorite foods and drinks of the deceased. It is believed that the spirits of the deceased eat the “essence” of the food, and that a living person who eats the food after the spirit has gotten to it will be safe, but will have gotten no nutritive value from it.
Some families will take favorite possessions of the deceased to the grave site and have a picnic, others dance and wear shells so that the noise they make will coax the spirits to revel with them. In cities, children dress up in costume and beg neighbors and passers-by for calaventa, a small gift of candy or money, much like children in the U.S. trick-or-treat on Halloween (we’ve got an excellent costume idea!).
Skulls are the most popular symbol of the holiday and everything from bread to masks to chocolate and sugar candy (thus, “sugar skulls”) are made to look like one, with the name of the recipient (dead or alive) written across the forehead.
Another note: Day of the Dead imagery is not just for the holiday itself; it’s considered very good luck to have a Day of the Dead tattoo or doll on your person at all times. With that in mind, it makes perfect sense to celebrate Day of the Dead throughout the holidays… or all year long with our Sugar Skulls Calendar!
Mother’s Day, the thoughtful time of year that celebrates the loving, creative woman behind all those favorite dishes, birthday wishes and kissed boo boos. If you’re looking for a way to recognize this influential woman, our Mother’s Day Gift Guide features a collection of our most inspired gifts for Mom.
Here are just a few of our favorite gift ideas…
Set inside an everlasting Peony Wreath we see one of the many Paper Source exclusive Mother’s Day cards. Adorn any door with a wreath of flowers, or set a pillow on her favorite chair. This charming grain sack pillow is a rustic accent for any couch, bed or boudoir!
For walls, coffee tables or bedsides, gift one of the many decorative signs available to convey that perfect message, to any Mom in your life.
Sunday, May, 12th is a day to celebrate. Visit our website for a full list of Inspired Gift Ideas for Mom.
We are bringing in the Easter holiday with our latest how-to — a handmade Easter greeting card! This project is suitable for little hands to help, and works with varying card colors too. Between this creative fun and our seasonal gifts, we’re hoping your bunny ears are perked and you’re ready to celebrate Spring!
Follow the assembly diagram outlined on the Easter Greeting How-To PDF, then use the left over punched out sheets and shapes from the kit to create simple Easter greetings.
Our Favorite Things series continues with a taste-maker from our store operations team. Many of you were introduced to Rick last year when we featured this Winter Wonderland Holiday Card creation.
Rick has returned to share his holiday gift and craft recommendations with our readers.
Paper Source Regional Manager
Noted for his incredible holiday card creations
Like our first taste-maker Kristen, Rick also creates fabulous gift packages. One gift he plans to give this year is the botanical journal set, paired with a chalk pen with metal chalkboard frame (or slate note cards and envelopes and a white pen), twig leaves rubber stamp, VersaMark pad and embossing powder.
It’s a beautiful gift package for the holidays and beyond!
150 Love Notes is a great stocking stuffer, but you can also add note cards and envelopes in a variety of colors, along with a tape runner and refill to make a quick DIY card package.
Rick says, “The designs of 150 Love Notes are so unique and special. It’s a nice gift to pass on or turn into cards to send to special friends and family.”
Rick’s packaging ideas include using the Novel Scallop Fine Paper as gift wrap. Then, he impressed us with the idea of doing an ombré glitter treatment to a kraft ornament.
Rick is also inspired by our pom pom ribbon used in tandem with wide satin ribbon in chartreuse, moss or red. He admits that his 2012 holiday card design might also include these elements.
“I always like to relate my gift packaging to my holiday cards. I even use my chosen gift wrap as an envelope liner for my cards.”
When it comes to last minute gifts, Rick has a great solution.
“Our cello bags are a go-to for any gift. Use for baked goods or a small gift wrapped in colorful tissue, then accent with ribbon, embellishments and a tag. It’s quick easy and always looks terrific.”
After reviewing more than 400 submission, our team couldn’t be more thrilled to announce the winners of the Paper Source Holiday Crafting Contest!
Drum roll, please…
Card Making Category
We enjoyed seeing the creative talents of so many customers. We hope those who participated enjoyed making cards, decorating and wrapping packages for both the contest and the pleasure in exchanging and sharing them with all. We hope everyone finds a bit of inspiration from the entries. See them here: https://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/photo-contest.html
Happy Holidays from all of us at Paper Source!