The holiday season is in full swing and we might not be Santa Claus, but we’re pretty sure we’ve got the perfect gift for everyone on your list! Enjoy our top holiday gift picks below, brought to you by our Gift Buyer, Katie Mulligan.
- Kate Spade Pencil Case: This delightfully chic collection of items make great gifts for anyone who has an affinity for Kate Spade or who appreciates beautiful and bold graphics. I love the idea of using this as a chic clutch! $29.95
- Chevron Tote Bag: This durable yet chic tote bag is the perfect carry-all bag for any occasion! A stylish gift for women of all ages. $26.95
- iPhone Covers: From bold and bright to soft and sweet, to fun and quirky–we have iPhone covers (for iPhone 4 and 5) sure to match any personality! $29.95 and up
- Buff & Shine Shoe Polish Kit: This shoe shine kit is the perfect gift for working Don Drapers men everywhere. Contains two tins of polish in neutral and black, two brushes each with ‘Looking Buff’ and ‘Rise & Shine’ inscribed, plus cleaning cloth. $25.95
- Beardo Hat: For the quirky guys in your life! A hilarious way to keep warm this winter! $29.99
- Fish Flask: Drink like fish…from a fish! A great gift for some who loves to fish or simply appreciates a funny flask. $27.95
- Guide to American Whiskey, Bourbon & Rye: This book is a perfect suggestion for someone interested in how to assess and pair whiskey with delicious foods. Each Whiskey suggestion comes with a large, glossy photo of the bottle and color of the whiskey— making it easy to find at your local store for an at-home tasting! $24.95
- Flip Flop Bracelets: These trendy bracelets come in a spectrum of colors, making it easy for your teen to accessorize any outfit. They also are environmentally conscious – handmade from recycled flip flops in Mali, West Africa! 10 for $9.50
- Secret Message Writing Set: Let your kiddos practice their espionage skills with this Secret Message Writing Set. Whatever they write with the special pens remains invisible until it’s viewed with the UV “blacklight” in the pen cap. $7.95
- Light Up Football: This cool 8 inch long foam football has LED glowing light-up strips along the side, making it bright and colorful for night time play! Lights can be turned off and on. Lasts over 24 continuous hours. $19.95
- Fun Loom Kit: The ultimate gift for girls of all ages! This Fun Loom kit allows them to create awesome silicone band bracelets and more and comes with one loom, one hook and 300 loops. $14.95
For the Cook:
- iSpoon Stylus: Whether you’re snacking while browsing your next Pinterest recipe or referencing your iPad while you cook, this spoon stylus keeps your gadget mess-free in the kitchen! $8.95
- Obsessive Chef Cutting Board: Cooking is as much a science as it is an art, and science requires precision. I always watch in awe at my favorite sushi restaurant at the great care the chefs take in cutting their tuna into millimeters thick slices. This cutting board is sure help guide your knife with exacting measurements, precise angles, and handy definitions. Learn just how small a julienne is, and get it right next time! $26.95
- Rifle Recipe Box: Each box Includes 12 letter-pressed dividers & 24 recipe cards. For a special touch, handwrite a few of your favorite recipes for the recipient. I particularly love this as a gift for winter brides! Help the happy couple start off their new adventure with a beautiful recipe box and some treasured recipes to pass from one family to another. $34.95
For the Host/Hostess:
- Host Wine Aerator: No need to let wine breath for hours! This one-of-a-kind aerator contains a flow meter for dependable aeration levels every time. Covers up to 6 hours of decanting instantly and strains out unwanted sediment. Bring with a bottle of wine for the perfect gift! $39.95
- Corkcicle Wine Chiller: Keeping wine at just the right temperature is tough for any hostess. Keep wine the perfect temperature with the Corkcicle which won’t dilute! $26.95
Last month we kicked off our Holiday Crafting Contest (which goes through December 31), and we can’t wait to see what you do!
This year we’re giving out first, second and third place prizes in THREE categories! Wow us with your creative use of Paper Source products in Food Gifting, Gift Wrapping or Card Making (you can enter each category once!). First place in each category gets a $100 Paper Source gift card, and second and third place each get a $50 Paper Source gift card.
Go ahead, dazzle us! Find official rules or enter the Holiday Crafting Contest today!
Few products unite us more than gift wrap. Our associates could spend hours discovering new ways to style packages, and our customers could recall numerous events that were made memorable by a neatly wrapped gift. And while we continue to share in these discoveries and special moments each day, our designers continue to concept new designs that fuel this fodder and inspire new ideas.
The latest designs are no exception…
Who can resist the retro fun of this Terrarium design. This Paper Source gift wrap style honors the art without the mess!
It’s the perfect style for the Donuts Note Pad Set.
A customer favorite, the new Prism gift wrap is the perfect staple for your wrapping station. Great for birthday gifts, festive crafts and other celebrations.
Enthusiasm for this colorful pixel print inspired our team to create a different kind of wrap — an iPhone case that wraps your smartphone in style! This stylish cover (and other Paper Source exclusive design) will be available this month.
Flock to your local store for this Feathers wrapping paper design. The mix of feathers and arrows matched with our Paper Source exclusive color palette make this an interesting print for so many occasions.
Still not seeing something you like? Check out our Glasses wrapping paper or our Zebras wrapping paper. Both offer coordinate perfectly with other products, like Paper Source designed stationery, to help you create the perfect gift.
Speaking of gifts, we know some of you are already thinking about the holidays. To help inspire your holiday gift vision, we are now offering holiday gift wrap online. All styles will be available in stores by November, but you early-birds can find it here: http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/giftwrap/holiday-wrapping-paper.html
Truth time: One of my least favorite things to do as a child was to write thank you notes (I know, big shocker. Was there ever a child who liked this?). But, like many kids, it was the first to-do after every birthday, Christmas, or any other event where I was gifted something. I even to had a format for my thank you notes!
It went something like this:
A hello message.
A thank you for the gift (where I was told I MUST mention the specific gift).
An explanation of how I might use it or why I liked it.
Then a farewell message.
I had it down to a boring, typical science.
But, everything changed when I was given my first set of personalized stationery. It wasn’t anything fancy, just your standard first name set, but all of a sudden I felt I could put more of a ‘mark’ on the messages I was sending… and that changed everything!
Writing thank you notes suddenly became fun. I got to express myself through my letter, without using more words (win-win!).
And, when it comes to self-expression, Paper Source has fantastic stationery, notepads, and personalized options right now — perfect for letter writers and letter writing occasions.
Here are some of my favorites right now…
Thank You Cards: We’re really into Chalkboard Lettering, and I think the lettering on this thank you card is classic, but the chalkboard technique gives it a little edge. The Neon Pink Letterpress thank yous are a perfect example of being feminine without too over-the-top. And the Pinstripe Thank You Notes make a great everyday addition, and are classic and clean, with pops of color.
These could be great for kids and teens, but are still good for adults, too! They all have a sense of whimsy, without being too childish, which is usually a must for a discerning child.
Everyday Stationery: This Ostrich Hello set makes me laugh every time I see it. This Feathers set is vibrant and bold, I love all of the colors it has while still being modern. And these Two Elephants seem so sweet–how could you not want to send this to a friend?
Personalized Stationery: I’m so in love with this black and white Chevron Stationery! Such a bold and modern statement, and you can customize the colors if black isn’t your thing! I use washi tape for everything (wrapping gifts, appointments in my planner, labels, etc.) so it makes sense I would love this set of Washi Tape Mixed Notepads. They come in three sizes (only one shown here) per set, and are super cute! And lastly, I love this Stitch Stationery, perfect for a subtle sewing cue in your stationery.
Mother’s Day, the thoughtful time of year that celebrates the loving, creative woman behind all those favorite dishes, birthday wishes and kissed boo boos. If you’re looking for a way to recognize this influential woman, our Mother’s Day Gift Guide features a collection of our most inspired gifts for Mom.
Here are just a few of our favorite gift ideas…
Set inside an everlasting Peony Wreath we see one of the many Paper Source exclusive Mother’s Day cards. Adorn any door with a wreath of flowers, or set a pillow on her favorite chair. This charming grain sack pillow is a rustic accent for any couch, bed or boudoir!
For walls, coffee tables or bedsides, gift one of the many decorative signs available to convey that perfect message, to any Mom in your life.
Sunday, May, 12th is a day to celebrate. Visit our website for a full list of Inspired Gift Ideas for Mom.
For you ambitious crafters and cooks, try your hand at baking this season’s yummiest treat with our featured cookbook Le Petite Macarons. These charming French confections are adorable when toted in packages made just for friends and family, and crafted by you.
Take a bite out of our new collection, and be inspired by creamy hints of pastel and chocolate this season. We have everything from kitchen sets to personalized stationary with this delicious confection. Find them online or get inspired on our Macarons Pinterest Board. C’est magnifique!
And remember to share your sweet-inspired ideas with us. Au revoir!
In this special Holiday Series we are bringing to you the best of what’s in stores for the holidays– as curated by some of our noted taste-makers. Today, Paper Source’s CEO weighs in with a few of her favorite things of the season.
Noted for creating memorable activities for (and with) her daughters
Trolls! Many of you might remember these fuzzy friends. Well, they’re back and we love their new style.
“I love the hot colors of these little guys! They’re far cooler than the old trolls with flesh-colored skin. The new generation comes in neons, brights, flocked and even glittered silver– there’s even a mystery combo in every lot of 15! I’d like to give a whole set to line someone’s desk for good cheer.”
Hang Tag Sticky Note Labels are stylish and sweet. And recycled too. What’s not to love?
“This tiny pad of sticky notes is designed to look like a paper bag hang tag. It makes even your most mundane notes look chic! It’s the perfect gift for anyone, in fact, I’m bringing them to my next book club meeting.”
Our new line of canning designs is perfect for foodies friends. Sally created a wonderful gift assortment for her friend Claire, who fell in love with the Paper Source Calendar design.
“My friend Claire is a blogger in the slow food and homesteading movement, and she fell in love with the jars artwork in the Paper Source calendar. I recently created her a gift basket of our Canning Jars Tea Towels, the Food in Jars book, a Canning Jar rubber stamp, our new Canning Jars wrapping paper, a ball of Baker’s Twine and a few other things. Now she is lining the inside of her kitchen cabinets with the paper, creating note sets with the stamp, and finding new ways to express her love for the artwork and the craft.”
Holidays are the perfect time for Gnomes. From wrapping paper to stamps these creatures add festive charm to your holiday projects.
“I love this catalog sample of the gnomes on mushrooms, throwing snowballs. It depicts the charm of this rubber stamp!”
Sally rounds out her list with her favorite wrapping paper look of the season. Her gift wrap vision extends beyond the package, taking into consideration home décor. Sally is mindful of the harmony and balance created between coordinating patterns and contrasting scales and this holiday wrap look left her in awe.
“My first, ‘Ohhh!‘ was upon seeing the delicacy of the pine branch artwork in white relief on the slate background. The second ‘Ohhh’ was when I saw how adding ribbon made the berries in the wrapping paper pattern ’pop’. But the graphic contrast with the chevron bag is so incredible– how elegant and amazing would it be to present gifts using all three elements?”
If you haven’t already started following us on Pinterest, there’s no better time than right this very minute! We’ve started creating lots of fabulous new holiday Pinterest boards for you to follow including Gift Guides, Holiday Decor and more…
There’s no better place on the web to collect great decorating, party-hosting and gift-giving ideas– not to mention gift getting ideas. Start pinning items from Paper Source to a personal wish list board of your own creation and then share it with family and friends!
What will you pin next?
Are you a paper person? Someone who, like our founder, can get lost in the history and the magic of this worldly craft? Do you also struggle to find ways to use those gorgeous sheets? Well, struggle no more. We asked Paper Source stores across the country to weigh in with ideas–many of which came from PS customers!–to get your creative juices flowing.
From Ardmore to Apartment Therapy and Houston to Headquarters, read along as we unwrap the mystery of fine paper crafts.
Tips from Paper Source Store Locations…
Ardmore,Pennsylvania: Anne S. created this card sample using pleating and our Silhouette CAMEO to create the flower appliqué at the waistband.
Bellevue, Washington says: